The Western Springs Business Association (WSBA) scholarship was created to encourage and reward local students who also work in our member's businesses. The mission of the WSBA is to promote and grow member businesses through community and collaboration. We are looking for deserving students who provide leadership in the community.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION: The Western Springs Business Association (WSBA) scholarship will be awarded to a student or students with outstanding character, integrity and commitment to the local community. Eligibility is limited to individuals who have been employed by a WSBA member. Applicants may apply for the scholarship annually but are limited to one scholarship award during their educational career. Other criteria will include community service, employment history, and educational performance.
1. Provide a letter of application to be shared with the selection committee that includes the following:
- a. Include your name, address, city/state/zip, phone number, and email address.
- b. List the name of the WSBA business you work(ed) for, the work dates, and your direct supervisor.
- c. Include a letter of reference from the business owner.
- d. The college you plan to attend and the area of study.
- e. Describe your future educational plans and goals.
- f. Write a short essay about your job experience, what you learned, and how you plan to use that experience to further your education.
- g. Provide a list of community services you have performed.
- h. Include an unofficial transcript from your current high school (can be printed from on-line).
2. All application material must be received by March 23, 2018. A PDF application package may be emailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org . A hard copy of the application package may be mailed to: WSBA Scholarship Program P.O. Box 172 Western Springs, IL 60558
Please note that the scholarship funds are to be used for tuition only and will be sent directly to the educational institution of choice. Should the student not complete the semester for which the funds are to be used, or choose not to attend the institution, the funds must be returned to the WSBA.